The Pacific Green Business Center (PGBC) is a digital platform established to promote green/blue economies and support a transition of private sector to greener business models.
The core of the PGBC mission is to make a powerful case—supported by sound evidence, rigorous research and compelling real-world examples—for why business leaders should seize upon sustainable development and climate action as not only a necessity but as an opportunity.
Specific objectives include:
- Enhance initiatives, explore new business models being pioneered, and support best-practices on adaptation to improve climate and disaster resilience.
- Provide advisory services, matching the needs and demands from businesses to the services and solutions offered by others. This digital crossroads on green initiatives will facilitate the networking between companies willing to invest in an ecological approach and gain from a green comparative advantage.
- Provide clear incentives for the private sector to become involved in building a low-carbon, climate-resilient future. Some tools can already be used: green audit for businesses, green strategies, website adjustments to advertise company SER and promotion, certification system, support services, monitoring and reporting;
- Promote carbon pricing to provide long-term incentives for economic actors to switch to low-carbon pathways, and facilitate the implementation of systematic offsetting by offering customized services to companies looking to reduce their carbon footprint.
- Attract adequate climate financing and SDGs finance to allow Private sector in the region to realize its climate ambition, take advantage of the opportunities that climate change and SDGs offers.